Happy father’s day to all the dads out there! For our dad, my sister and I cleaned out our pantry to make these fudgy chocolate biscuits with a pumpkin twist.
What you’ll need:
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate melts, halved
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses, chopped (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
4. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place balls 4cm apart on trays lined with baking paper. Using the palm of your hand flatten mixture slightly.
- Feel free to throw into the biscuit batter any spare chocolates or lollies you have in the pantry; the original recipe actually used jersey caramels but we had these Pumpkin Spice Kisses left over from our last trip to the US, so we used them instead.
- The biscuits bake quite quickly so keep an eye on them or adjust your oven temperature to make sure they don’t burn.
- I love soft, chewy biscuits and these turned out pretty perfectly – crisp on the outside, but with a lovely soft centre.