In attempting to clear out the pantry, I came across an almost finished box of Coconut Patties from our trip to the US, so I decided to throw them into a quick (and delicious!) chocolate coconut slice.
What you’ll need:
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 5 Coconut Patties, chopped (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 20cm baking tin and line with baking paper (use enough paper so that it hangs over the edges of the tin).
2. Place butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- This recipe was super easy to make – just mix up everything and bake!
- If you don’t have Coconut Patties, you can use Bounties or any other sort of coconut chocolate.