So I’ve become quite a fan of these online food delivery services – a huge selection of restaurants on a single website, filtered by those that deliver to your suburb – makes deciding what to have for dinner pretty easy! I was recently approached by Menulog to do a review of their service and I was definitely keen to try it out. After entering your postcode into the search box, you’re taken to a listing of restaurants that deliver to your suburb (and any specials they are running) and from there it’s the difficult task of deciding where to order from!
I go with an old favourite – Khao Pla and the process of putting through my order (courtesy of a $50 voucher provided by Menulog), checking out and paying is simple. Just go through the menu and click on the plus sign to add it to your order, click on ‘Place your order’ when you’re ready, enter your credit card details or select another payment option and you’re done! You can also choose what time you would like your order to be delivered or to even pick it up at the restaurant yourself. Mere seconds after I’ve paid, I receive an SMS confirmation from the restaurant with an expected delivery time.
The food is actually delivered half an hour before the time stated in the SMS, but hey, no complaints here! Of course I had to order the soft shell crab, which was far spicier than I remember!
I also ordered a spicy version of pad si ew – flat rice noodles with chicken, egg, chilli and holy basil…
…and the nashi pear salad with crispy fish.
My entire order arrived piping hot and surprisingly quickly. The Menulog food delivery service is super easy to use and ideal for those days when you just can’t be bothered to cook.
The kind people at Menulog have also supplied me with a $50 voucher to give to a lucky reader – for your chance to win, just leave a comment on this post letting me know which restaurant you most want to offer a home delivery service.
Menulog $50 voucher giveaway terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to residents of Australia only.
- Entries must be received by 9:00pm AEDT on Monday 1 December.
- The winner will be notified via email and given 48 hours to respond.
- If no response in this time, a new winner will be drawn.
- Total prize pool is valued at $50 and is to be used with a local Menulog restaurant of the winner’s choosing (where valid) and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The winner’s details may be forwarded to Menulog for prize distribution.
- A voucher code will be emailed to the winner as supplied by Menulog and will be valid for 1 month from the date of issue.
- The voucher code will be valid for delivery only and payments via credit card.
- The voucher is valid for one use only.
- Wanderluxelife is not liable or responsible in any way or form for prizes that are subsequently not delivered by a third party or arrive damaged or late.
- Judge’s decision is final.