As I mentioned in my last post detailing my clean eating attempts, I love ice cream, especially the Ben & Jerry’s varieties packed with chunks and swirls. So much so that earlier this year, during the Sydney summer, I experimented with making my own ice cream, but without an ice cream maker (with that many gadgets already in the kitchen, an ice cream maker seemed an unnecessary addition!). Most of the recipes I found either required an ice cream machine or else lots of ingredients and hand-mixing at regular intervals, so I was super excited to find a basic ice cream recipe that only required 3 ingredients and next to no work!
What you’ll need:
- 1 can (395g) sweetened condensed milk
- 300g thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional flavourings or mix-ins: diced fruit, brownie chunks, fruit puree, melted chocolate, salted caramel – use your imagination!
What to do:
2. Mix through any additional flavourings – I used brownie chunks and diced raspberries.
- This is honestly the easiest ice cream recipe ever and once you’ve got the basic recipe down pat, the world is your oyster, in terms of flavours and mix-ins.
- The texture is exactly like ‘real’ ice cream and is so smooth and creamy, thanks to the sweetened condensed milk. Try it out – you won’t be disappointed!